(Best Information as at 2021)

NumberLocationPub Name (Including name changes)Dates (where there is documentary evidence)
1High Street (Star Cottages)Starfrom before 1790 to 2006 (buildings probably date back to 1600’s)
2High StreetOld Crown

1650 (incorporated into Swan)
from before 1711 to present (probably in existence from before 1600’s)
3High StreetFrench Horn (formerly New Crown)

Crown & Horns
1759 to 1797

1797 to present
4High Street
(White Hollow/Kateshill)
Black Horse

From before 1770 to 1890

1890 to 1964
5High Street (Wheatsheaf House)White HorseFrom 1782 to 1907
6High Street
(White Hart Cottages)
White HartFrom 1815 to 1931
7High Street
(Hobland House)
Red Lion


1815 to 1844, & 1872 to 1890

1847 to 1869

1891 to 1907
8Fidlers Lane
(across from Swan)
Waggon & Horses


1847 to 1965
9High Street
(near Hill House)
10On car park of Crown & HornsGreyhound1863 to 1894 (demolished by 1899)
11Compton road
(at top of the hill)
12Broad Street
(believed to lie under Kennet House stable yard)
LambFrom before 1770 to 1780 (demolished sometime before 1831)
13Possibly Old Stanmore Road (now Leonora House)
Cross Keys1790 to 1870 (dates uncertain)